Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Post

Hello,
I just wanted someplace to put random thoughts that I have from time to time. The one that drove me to begin blogging, is the existence of Jesus. After reading a recent news story on AOL, I glanced through the comments on the bottom of the page to see what others were thinking. The story was loosely related to Christianity, and someone wrote blah, blah, blah, Jesus didn't exist, blah, blah, blah. I found this as a rather ridiculous comment for a few reasons.
Let me begin by saying I am not going to debate the godliness of Jesus for right now, just the stupidity of the comment that he doesn't exist. There are currently thousands of Jesus' south of the American border right now, and from what i understand, it was not exactly an uncommon name at the turn into Ano Domini. There is tons of non-biblical evidence that says there was a Jesus from Nazareth, born to Joseph and Mary, and descendant of Abraham and David. I do not have all the exact items in front of me, but I know this is much better outlined in The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I have yet to find an historian that discounts the fact he existed. That is all for now.

5 comments:

team D said...

I love you and I am so glad that you started a blog!!!! I will get to hear some of your thoughts that I miss out on because you are not here!!!!!

beautiful chaos said...

You're an absolute goofus! Welcome to Blogdom!

kdp said...

welcome to the blogging club.

Meems said...

Hey Tim. Welcome.

marme said...

We can't wait to see your thoughts! Glad you're with us. We miss you. maybe now you won't seem so far away!