Friday, July 20, 2007

Challenge

I have now been challenged to ponder the meaning of life, soooo...

Neah, I haven't had that much time. It's Friday, so I am refusing to think too much.

Dandelions

In a field of yellow flowers, underneath the sun
Bluest eyes that spark with lightning, boy with shoes undone
He is young, so full of hope, revelling in tiny dreams
filling up his arms with flowers, right for giving any queen

Running to her, beaming bright while cradling his prize
A flickering of yellow light within his mother's eyes
She holds them to her heart keeping them where they'll be safe
Clasped within her very marrow dandelions in a vase

She sees love where
anyone else would see weeds
all hope is found,
here is everything he needs

Fathomless Your endless mercy, weight I could not lift
Where do I fit in this puzzle?
What good are these gifts?
Not a martyr or a saint, scarcely can I struggle through
all that I have ever wanted, was to give my best to You

Lord search my heart
create in me something clean
Dandelions
You see flowers in these weeds

Gently lifting hands to heaven, softened by the sweetest hush
a Father sings over His children, loving them so very much

More than words could warrant
deeper than the darkest blue
More than sacrifice could merit
Lord, I give my heart to you

Lord search my heart
create in me something clean
Dandelions
You see flowers in these weeds

My thanks to Five Iron Frenzy for a reminder of God's unfathomable love for his children. What good are the gifts that I bring to lay at Your feet. They are ashes, weeds, rubble, rags, failures, all utterly useless. But you recieve them as myrrh, gold and the finest gems. Father you know that I need you, more now than ever before. Please hold me in Your arms. Take me and mold me, clean me, restore unto me the joy of Your Salvation.

Hold on to Jesus

Hold on to Jesus, tell Him about everything.
Your dreams and your troubles; pure hearts desire one thing.
and mine is to know You,
mine is to break down and shatter to pieces,
and lose everything I've found.

I'm learning that nothing worth anything is cheap.
I'm learning the path is thin and the grade is steep;
and that the altars where we lay ourselves, will crack when tested
and that there's only One that turns our hearts to gold.

Hold on to Jesus, tell Him about everything.
Your dreams and your troubles; pure hearts desire one thing.
and mine is to know You,
mine is to break down and shatter to pieces,
and lose everything I've found.

I'm finding that I'm not who I once thought I was
I'm finding I'm powerless to obtain Your love
And that the only gifts I bring to You are rags and failures
and through a strange exchange You've made them myrrh and gold

Hold on to Jesus, tell Him about everything.
Your dreams and your troubles; pure hearts desire one thing.
and mine is to know You,
mine is to break down and shatter to pieces,
and lose everything I've found.

This is from my favorite group, The OC Supertones. I hope that this helps you through atleast one more day.

No comments: