As I am new to this, let me explain that I love music. I don't just enjoy listening to it, but I analyze almost every song I listen to. There are some groups that I just cannot stand to listen to, and others that everyone else hates, but I respect for one reason or the other. I'm saying this so that you know why I will often use a song's lyrics for my thoughts.
This comes from a group named Smalltown Poets. They are one of my favorite because you can feel their passion, and several of their songs require more thought than just stuff being laid out in front of you.
"I'm into everything I hate, my spirit is not moved, my members take the bait."
Why do we always grab on to things we know will hurt us. I know what God has said and as the song says, my spirit has no desire to sin. It is habit at times, and others, it's just stupidity. Immediately after I do something under the stupid category, I have the thought of "Where in the world did that come from. I didn't want that, and I've never wanted it before." (To all my peeps at home, don't worry, I haven't gone off the deep end, yet.) I am supposed to be a mighty man of valor, a prayer warrior, a light in a dark world, but right now I feel like I'm crammed into an already crowded closet, and the candle is taking more oxygen than I am. I am a stranger in a foreign land. I have yet to figure out why so many have moved back here. One of my coworkers (the only one that is a practicing Christian) said that he feels like its the new Sodom and Gomorrah, and the longer I'm here, the more I agree. If SA was ever destroyed, I'd move to the other SA in a heartbeat, or maybe South Padre. Yeah, that would be sweet, and God, I think I could really commune with you there. It's named after you, Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I know that music talks to you and that what made us so close all those songs you would dedicate to me and the girls. You remember the question i asked the other day I am not worried any more you are fine!!!!
Post a Comment